Sunday, December 7, 2008

Winter Wonderland

Merry Christmas! Well, almost anyway. I'm being festive and spending the day baking Christmas cookies. It's snowing outside and since there's nothing else to do..... Let's hope I don't eat them all myself!

On the man front....I'll update you on my date with Mike. It was snowing that night as well, and it took me almost an hour to get there instead of the usual 15 minutes. By the time I got there we both decided to skip driving in the snow to get to dinner. Instead we opted for ordering in Italian and watching movies. It was all very romantic with the snow coming down cozied up to the dvd player with our dinner. We didn't really talk about anything we just cuddled and kissed a bit. It was nice. It felt familiar and safe. I still don't know what this means for us, but I might go over there tonight and talk about it.

Is it the holidays that makes everyone so nostalgic? It makes us miss old friends and lovers and makes us long for someone to love us. I don't want to jump back into a relationship with someone that I still have feelings for if it's just because we're both lonely. So, with the advice of my sales trainer in my company who is also a cool as hell woman that I adore. I'm going to list the pro's and con's of Mike. And you get to read them! Aren't you lucky : )

PRO's
1. smart
2. driven
3. doesn't act like a typical rich snob that feel entitled to everything
4. loves kids and family
5. funny
6. same interests (i.e. art, music, stand up comedy, good food, hanging out at home)
7. isn't pretentious
8. wants to be successful to provide a good life for his future family
9. wants to adopt and helps kids that don't have anyone to take care of them
10. gives a lot to charity
11. strong
12. man's man (i.e. loves sports, poker, etc.)
13. doesn't drink so that he can be a good influence on his little brother
14. my parents adore him
15. handsome
16. great kisser ; )
17. dresses well
18. has same goals
19. loves animals
20. always willing to help other people
(many more that I could add but I won't bore you)

CON's
1. holds grudges
2. has a temper (which I do as well so I can't really fault him for a flaw that I also have)
3. never had a good female figure in his life to show him what he wants in a woman
4. never had a good marriage example to show him how to make a solid lasting marriage
5. father and brother both drug addicts, step-mom is a gold digger that he detests (although he can't help how his family is so it's not really a fault of his, just something that worries me about his view of family)
6. feels the need to constantly prove himself to his father which means working 90 hours a week (Don't want him to be the kind of guy that neglects his family in order to get ahead in the workplace.)
7. wasn't raised in church and doesn't share all of my beliefs in regards to Christianity, although he does want his kids raised in church which is good but still.....
8. not good at showing his emotions ( Example: We dated for 9 months and I told him I loved him 4 months in, he never said it back so I stopped saying it. Then the night we broke up he told me that he had been in love with me since the day we met in South Beach but he didn't want to say it because he wasn't ready to take it to that level. So he was in love with me for like 6 months and still couldn't say it even when I said it to him.)

Hmmm.....well the pro's outweigh the con's but at the same time they should be view on a weighted scale because some mean more than others. Well, I just hope that I get to see him tonight and figure out what he's thinking about all of this. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!! Merry Christmas : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the only one who knows which of these the things on those lists "carry the most weight" :)
Just take it a day at a time, have fun and don't over-analyze right now.

Christine Staley said...

I'd say while the pros may outweigh the cons in terms of numbers, the cons are pretty heavy issues that you will need to deal with.

I agree with anonymous, but also offer that you should always follow your gut instinct even if it feels like it may break your heart. Your gut is never wrong.